Organizational Entropy- Second Law ( Part 1 )
In this Episode of REPSradio.com, Tim Autrey uses the Second Law of Thermodynamics to provide understanding and awareness of the natural downward pull on performance within the ‘system’ of an organization. He defines and details “drift” and “accumulation”, and how these combine with human nature, making organizations susceptible to the force of behavioral gravity known as Organizational Entropy.
In this episode, you will:
- Learn about the Second Law of Organizational Thermodynamics- Organizational Entropy
- Understand how to identify organizational elements that create downward pull on performance
- Understand the two types of “drift” in behaviors and performance, and how they tend to grow and multiply over time
- Recognize “accumulation”- how it occurs and the impact it has upon the attitudes and behaviors of team members
- Be strongly encouraged to use new terminology- “roadblocks” and “landmines”
- What’s Wrong with Pursuing Excellence?
- REPSradio.com Episode 17
- REPSradio.com Episode 19
- In Search of Excellence by Tom Peters and Bob Waterman
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- “Dazed and Confused” by Led Zeppelin
- “I Can See Clearly Now” by Jimmy Cliff
Episode 1 LEADERSHIP: Are you Playing to WIN (or are you playing not to lose)?Are you playing to win…or are you playing not to lose? This is a HUGE question. Consider it carefully. Your [honest] answer to this question is pivotal to your future- personally and...
Episode 17 LEADERSHIP: Organizational Thermodynamics - First Law Are you playing to win…or are you playing not to lose? This is a HUGE question. Consider it carefully. Your [honest] answer to this question is pivotal to your future- personally and professionally. In...
Episode 16 LEADERSHIP: Begging for Forgiveness In this Episode, Tim Autrey tells the story of a counter-intuitive approach to actually making things happen. He uses stories from his past to illustrate how stepping WAY outside the box put him into positions where he...
Episode 15 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT: The Pathway™ Tim Autrey tells the story of how The Pathway™ to next-generation performance improvement revealed itself over nearly 13 years helping organizations around the globe improve Reliability, Efficiency, Productivity, and...
Episode 14 DISRUPTION: OWN Your Role Tim Autrey calls it like it is- you are a victim of only one person on the planet- the one staring back at you in the mirror. Recognizing this, and then OWNING your thoughts, beliefs, actions, behaviors, and outcomes, is your first...
Episode 13 LEADERSHIP: Same 'ol Situation In this Episode of REPSradio.com, Tim Autrey takes on a perennial workplace challenge- conflicting policies, procedures, instructions, and power struggles, which put workers in an almost impossible situation. He uses a recent...