Organizational Entropy- Second Law ( Part 1 )
In this Episode of REPSradio.com, Tim Autrey uses the Second Law of Thermodynamics to provide understanding and awareness of the natural downward pull on performance within the ‘system’ of an organization. He defines and details “drift” and “accumulation”, and how these combine with human nature, making organizations susceptible to the force of behavioral gravity known as Organizational Entropy.
In this episode, you will:
- Learn about the Second Law of Organizational Thermodynamics- Organizational Entropy
- Understand how to identify organizational elements that create downward pull on performance
- Understand the two types of “drift” in behaviors and performance, and how they tend to grow and multiply over time
- Recognize “accumulation”- how it occurs and the impact it has upon the attitudes and behaviors of team members
- Be strongly encouraged to use new terminology- “roadblocks” and “landmines”
- What’s Wrong with Pursuing Excellence?
- REPSradio.com Episode 17
- REPSradio.com Episode 19
- In Search of Excellence by Tom Peters and Bob Waterman
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- “Dazed and Confused” by Led Zeppelin
- “I Can See Clearly Now” by Jimmy Cliff
Episode 53 Would you count the money Resources Next-Gen Mindset Video Related Episodes
Episode 52 Por favor, señor! Resources Effective Communications Tool (from the PPI Human Performance BASIC Training™ iLearning Course) Related Episodes
Episode 51 Your Leadership LadderResourcesRelated Episodes
Episode 50 Jumping to ConclusionsResources [BLOG] Jumping to Conclusions 6-Hour Safety Culture Lee Brower The Secret Related Episodes
Episode 48 I am, indeed, a king…Resources Jaylen at Age 8 Jaylen touring country (Age 14) Related...
Episode 48 PerceptionResourcesRelated Episodes